2010 boycott #1: Michael Cera

Michael Cera: You were funny as George Michael in Arrested Development. You were funny as Evan in Superbad. You were even funny as Paulie Bleeker in Juno. Shortly after that you did Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist and I gotta say I only went because it was a group decision, but you weren’t funny. Since then I haven’t seen you in a movie but from the looks of them YOU’RE STILL PLAYING YOURSELF!

My first boycott for 2010 is Michael Cera until I see him play a role that isn’t, well, Michael Cera.

Advertisements

About Sean Bailey
Social media specialist who also happens to be a tech geek that's addicted to reading, movies, music, sports and coffee. Anything said on this blog is my opinion (obviously).

8 Responses to 2010 boycott #1: Michael Cera

1. Stacey says:

Typecaaaast… he shot one in Toronto somewhat recently, don’t remember what it’s called or when it comes out… but guaranteed he will, again, play the same role!

• Sean Bailey says:

Thanks for commenting Stacey! I have no doubt that you’re right. I’ll shocked the day he plays something out of his element.

2. Leanne B says:

He was great in AD and good in Superbad/Juno, but really, he doesn’t seem to have any range. Also, I remember reading last year that the AD cast wanted to make a movie and Cera was the only holdout, so that alone is a reason for a boycott.

Jesse Eisenberg > Michael Cera anyways.

Now go watch Chuck!

• Sean Bailey says:

I didn’t know about the whole hold out situation before your comment. I’m even more disappointed.. but at least it’s settled now.

3. Shoneez says:

Hmm.. He looks like he’s playing a slightly different character in Youth in Revolt. Or the character’s alter ago, at least. I find him really charming.. but that could be a girl thing 🙂

• Sean Bailey says:

Thanks for commenting Shoneez! It’s slightly different, but he’s also still playing himself in the movie so that difference is out the window for me. Don’t get me wrong, I get his style and I like it. I’ve just been seeing too much of it. Oversaturation and no depth.

4. Sho says:

Youth in Revolt was hilarious. Francoise Dillenger! go see it!

5. I concur. He is a one trick pony. I don’t even want to see him in AD the movie anymore.

What's your opinion?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s