Moving on…

This isn’t something I wanted to write, but it’s come time for me to say goodbye to the team at Rogers; specifically those on the social media side of things.

It doesn’t seem like too long ago that I decided to go to Third Tuesday, around Canada Day, last year. I wasn’t feeling too well, but I sucked it up and went anyway. While there I met with Rob Manne and Keith McArthur who, after a bit of conversation, told me about an internship position coming up. One thing led to another and less than two weeks later I was on the social media team. Shortly after, I posted about joining Rogers and looking back, a lot has changed, but much of what I wrote still holds true:

“Rogers is committed to “taking the leap”, as it were, and joining the online conversations happening about its many, many brand extensions. The department only began seven months ago, with the hiring of Keith McArthur who, along with Rob Manne, are now the well known faces of Rogers on Twitter. That along with other social media projects make me excited about my time here and all of the potential things I may get to do.”

I’ve had the chance to see great projects like Rogers On Demand Online and the Rogers RedBoard take off, as well as attend and help sponsor great events like Hohoto and Podcamp Toronto. Most importantly I’ve learned so much from great coworkers and I couldn’t have asked for a better team to work with.

Wrapping things up I’d like to say thank you to everyone I’ve had the pleasure of working with at Rogers. Nowadays it’s easy to keep in touch, so that shouldn’t be a big deal, but I will miss the day-to-day cackling and random other good times. I also want to wish the team good luck with the projects you’re working on and the many more coming in the future.

Advertisements

About Sean Bailey
Social media specialist who also happens to be a tech geek that's addicted to reading, movies, music, sports and coffee. Anything said on this blog is my opinion (obviously).

11 Responses to Moving on…

1. richard says:

and you are….?

All the best, man. Stay off of Chat Roulette.

• Sean Bailey says:

Thanks Rich! I guess I kinda left that part out. I will update when there is something to update.. aka I will be enjoying the sunshine in Calgary next week and we’ll see what comes after that. It’s been great working with you for this past little while and I can’t promise I’ll stay off chat roulette. It’s too funny at parties!

2. Miranda says:

That cackling comment had nothing to do with me, right? 🙂

You’ll be missed Sean.

• Sean Bailey says:

Not at all.

3. It’s been great to have you with us and sad to see you go Sean. Hope we get to work together again some day.

• Sean Bailey says:

Thanks for the comment Keith, It was great working with you too. I would jump at the chance to do it again.

4. Yes, we certainly cackled an awful lot, didn’t we? 🙂 And yes, many random good times were had – We’ll miss you!!!!

5. alisaan says:

Hey Sean,

Sorry to hear that your internship is coming to an end. I know how hard it can be as I was there once as well – you just learn so much, make such great connections that it’s hard to see it end.

The good news story is that now you are ready for more opportunities. You’ve learned some great skills from what I hear is an amazing team at Rogers and can be a great addition to another team.

Here’s a quote you might like that I’m paraphrasing here but here goes. *Clears throat* Things fall apart so other things can fall together. 🙂 Although you are leaving one team you will (in time) join another and continue down your career path.

Enjoy the time off and focus on the lessons you’ve learned while at Rogers to propel yourself forward.

And to end this touching note?

WORD. 🙂

6. Clickflickca says:

Sean,

I think you worked with the best team, so that should be something to be proud of. The best thing is that you met a lot of new friends including myself from attending various events. You practiced and continue to use #ICE. I wish you “Good Luck” in your future endeavours ! Keep in touch ! You know where to reach me!

7. Nehal says:

Hey Sean,

It’s too bad things came to end but I’m sure with the experience you go at Rogers, you’re now prepared for a bigger challenge. ahead

All the best!!

8. Pingback: …To New Beginnings « In Sean's Opinion

What's your opinion?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s