March 29, 2010 2 Comments
Saturday March 27, 2010 marked my first time flying ever! It was from Toronto to Calgary with West Jet and the experience was pretty cool.
- At baggage check, thought my bag could have been overweight because I forgot to weigh it. Turned out it was well under and was processed quickly.
- Security check was a little daunting but it was a quick process and I wasn’t even searched!
- After that I needed a coffee (as usual) so went to the Tim Hortons which had a huge lineup (apparently, as usual). I didn’t think I’d have enough time (15 minutes before boarding) but I did, and managed to get through half a bagel before being called.
- Since I pre-booked, I got a window seat and luckily no one else was in my row so I didn’t have to deal with any annoying people or babies. 🙂
- When the plane finally took off it was such an amazing experience. Seeing all the people and buildings below turn ant-like made me understand why people want to become pilots.
- The not so fun part was my ears popping. But eventually that was over with and all was well again.
- In the air above the clouds there’s not much to look at so I spent most of my time watching a few episodes from season one of “Chuck”, reading and listening to musak.
- Service was great as they came around offering little snacks like bits n’ bites or peak freens cookies.
- Fast forward to the landing and that ear popping experience was very annoying. The babies on board went a little nuts, needless to say.
- De-boarding the plane was quick and painless, as everyone got off within five-10 minutes.
- Meeting my girlfriend at the baggage pickup section was by-far the best part though and off we went home in a surprisingly warm and sunny day.
So there you have it, my first flying experience. If you’re fortunate to remember your own, what was it like? Do you have any horror stories, or really positive ones like mine? Let me know!