iPhone 4 is here!
June 7, 2010 Leave a comment
Since Gizmodo posted the original shots of that “lost” iPhone 4 prototype I’ve been waiting extremely patiently for Steve Jobs to do his thing at the official launch. Today was that day.
As some of you may know I’m one of those unfortunate folks who, while a fan of technology and one who takes part on many different platforms, has gone without mobile access to those platforms. I do have an iPod Touch, which when there’s WiFi is awesome, but there are so many more times when WiFi isn’t around, and I’m jonesin’ to be connected.
So since I’ve held out for so long, I figured it’d be worth it to invest in the upcoming iPhone 4. With today’s launch there are a few things that tell me this is going to be a great investment, including (in no particular order):
- Multitasking – finally the ability to do more than one task on the device!
- Flash – should’ve had this from the start, and is one of the biggest complaints I hear from iPhone users
- Front-facing Camera (though a camera period is great since I’m a Touch user.)
- 960 x 640 @ 326 ppi – great resolution and something I wasn’t expecting
- Sleek design – it’s exactly the kind of style I like; very modern.
More specs can be found on Apple’s website.
Rogers says it’ll be carrying the device, and you can sign up to receive word on any upcoming info regarding the release. We do know it’ll be released in Canada sometime in July, and in the States pre-ordering starts on the 15th. I can’t wait.
Will you be upgrading to the next version of the iPhone? What features stand out for you the most?