Turning the page…
February 21, 2011 Leave a comment
Over the better part of this past year I’ve had the chance to grow a lot professionally, and the experiences I’ve gained at Palette PR and energi PR have been invaluable. As of last week, my time there has come to an end, and so I will soon be moving on to the next chapter in my career.
I’ve had the chance to work and become friends with some great colleagues and I wouldn’t trade that for anything. I’ll miss the many laughs, the loud rads, the in-house coffee, and every time I hear the Subway jingle I’ll think of you (but mostly about grabbing a meatball sub).
As I mentioned, I have grown a lot professionally in my time there, so here are a few highlights I thought I would share:
- I’ve had the chance to put in to practice a lot of the traditional public relations I wanted a better understanding of when I first decided to join Palette
- I learned to manage working with different clients, each with different sets of expectations and demands
- The merger from Palette PR and Communications MECA to energi PR was a huge experience that I’m glad I was able to have early in my career
- Having the opportunity to take part in social media planning and business presentations meant a lot to me
- Most importantly I feel I have mastered (though not grown to love) timeslips
There are of course many other experiences I could list, but I wanted to keep this somewhat short. In closing, I am eager to get started on that next chapter, and will keep you informed on here (and twitter, of course). In the mean time, anyone free for a coffee? 🙂